We offer our guests a choice of cabins in both size and price range. Be sure to read the descriptions of each when choosing your lodging.
Are you looking for the "tiny house" or "tiny cabin" experience be sure to check out our Snoozin Moose or Munchin Moose cabin.
Looking for accommodations for a large group or an extended stay consider the Mangy Moose Cabin (sleeps 4 to 10).Our guests love the casual comfortable atmosphere in the quality built large cabin, with a full kitchen, living area, dining, kitchen and bathroom and upstairs sleeping with 6 beds. Casual, comfortable, large enough for room to spread around. yet with luxury all the way down to the most comfortable beds around. Check our smaller cabins, Munchin Moose or Snoozin Moose for those wanting privacy in a tiny home. They both have a queen bed, bathroom, kitchenette area, and dining table on main floor and additional beds in loft that is accessed by a drop down attic ladder.. To view or stay in our rooms/suites please click here.
Click on each cabin picture below to read more:
Amenities / Cancellation Policy
At Meandering Moose Lodging we focus on offering clean, comfortable casual accommodations on a property nestled in a grove of birch and pine trees, secluded for privacy, but close to downtown Talkeetna activities (approx 1 1/2 miles).
- A light Continental breakfast is provided in the B&B (Lodge) kitchen. Note this is a very light help yourself breakfast, just a few things to start an active day in Alaska. If your in the mood for full breakfast of a variety of choices, the restaurants in town can fill your every need. Remember you really haven't been to Talkeetna without stopping at the Talkeetna Roadhouse. Yumm
- Wireless internet
- Laundry facility
- Check-in begins at 3 PM - no problem with a late check-in, please advise if your anticipated arrival time.
- Check-out is 11 AM
- Cancellation Policy is 3 days prior for a full refund less
a $25.00 processing fee.
A cancellation within 3 days of arrival, the deposit (one nights stay) is non-refundable.
- No Smoking in Cabins nor B&B
- Pet - on approval - in cabins - additional $20 Pet Fee.
- All rates are based on one or two people, additional fee of $20.00 for each additional person.
- On site staff
- Our rates are based on Double occupancy, except our largest cabin is base rate of 4 person occupancy.
- Children under 6 years old are free
- We are only a little over a mile from "downtown" Talkeetna
- From Parks Highway take Talkeetna Spur.
- Right on East Second Street - almost to downtown - East 2nd street is towards Airport over the railroad tracks.
- Left on F Street (first street). Take F Street to Beaver Road. You will pass Swiss Alaska and the Campground entrance; continue on to the very end of the road, the only direction you can go is right, which is Beaver Road.
- Right on Beaver Road - watch your odometer - only 8/10ths of mile. You will meander down this road it feels like longer, but is actually only 8/10ths of a mile.
- Left on Saddlenotch - opps... to be changed to E Clara Circle
- then a quick Left on Cabin Spike Road - Follow to the very end of road.
- The cabins are located on the front of the property, go on past the cabins with a little veer to the right t in the large two story log cabin with large deck which is the Lodge and location of the office.
- Click here to view map